Get Taxi Insurance quotes in the easiest way possible. Simply click the red button to get started and have your tailored quotes within minutes!
- All Levels of Cover Available
- Fleet Insurance
- Private and Public Hire Cover
- Public Liability Insurance
- Flexible Payment Options
- Breakdown Assistance
- Full Documentation Available Instantly
How it Works
1. Complete the simple form
2. A panel of taxi insurance specialists will get back to you with tailored quotes
A Guide to Taxi Insurance
As a taxi driver, it’s your responsibility to ensure that your vehicle is road legal. This means having an adequate level of insurance to protect yourself, other road users and your passengers. There are a few different types of taxi insurance that you can get so before you apply for quotes, it’s a good idea to read through the information on this page so you can make an informed decision when taking out a policy.
Types of Taxi Insurance
- Public Hire – Public hire taxis can be pre-booked as well as hailed from the street. They are typically more expensive to insure as the risks associated with driving a public hire taxi are greater.
- Private Hire – Private hire taxis can only be pre-booked in advance and cannot display a ‘taxi’ sign on the vehicle.
- Third Party – Third party is the minimum level of cover you can have to drive legally. It’s also the cheapest level of cover you can get since it only provides protection for third parties in a collision that you’re liable for.
- Comprehensive – Comprehensive cover will provide compensation for any type of collision, whether you’re to blame or not. The cost of a comprehensive policy will depend on factors such as your age, experience and the value of your vehicle.
- Public Liability – When transporting passengers for profit or reward, you’re legally obliged to have public liability in place. Whilst public liability claims are fairly rare, it’s still necessary to have cover in place just in case.
- Breakdown Assistance – Breakdown assistance is a must for taxi drivers. If you don’t already have it then you should enquire about it as an additional level of cover since most insurance providers will offer it.
Get Quotes the Easy Way
You can get all the quotes you need for taxi insurance from one place. To received your tailored quotes simply click the button below and after you’ve provided a bit of necessary information, you’ll then be able to compare your quotes and pick the one that’s best.