You can get quotes for shop insurance incredibly easily . Simply click the red button below to get shop insurance quotes now!
- Building Insurance
- Stock & Contents Cover
- Goods in Transit
- Cash on Premises & In-transit
- Flexible Payment Options
- Instant Cover and Documentation
How it Works
1. Complete the simple form
2. A panel of shop insurance specialists will get back to you with tailored quotes
A Guide to Shop Insurance
No matter what type of shop you have, it’s important to protect it with a comprehensive insurance. There are a lot of risks that are present when running a shop. You not only have to protect your premises but also the stock and assets contained within. In addition to this you have to think about claims from either your own staff or members of the public. This is why a good shop insurance policy should provide cover for all risks that you face.
Types of Cover
- Building Insurance – Building insurance will cover structural damage to your building that might occur as a result of fire, broken water pipes or extreme weather conditions. Structural damage can be extremely expensive to repair so it’s vital that you have building insurance in place.
- Stock Cover – Stock cover will cover your stock for damage or theft.
- Goods in Transit – If part of your business involves transporting goods then goods in transit will provide compensation if your goods are stolen or damaged whilst in transit.
- Public Liability Insurance – Whatever type of shop you own, public liability insurance is always recommended. If a member of public were to file a claim against you, for whatever reason, then it could be potentially devastating if you don’t have an adequate level of cover in place.
- Employer’s Liability Insurance – Liability claims don’t only come from members of the public. Your own staff could easily file a claim against you, for example if they felt they were unfairly dismissed.
Types of Shops Covered
You can get shop insurance to cover almost any type of establishment that sells goods on the high street. Types of shops covered include –
- Clothes Shops
- Antique Shops
- Card Shops
- Flower Shops
- Electronics Shops
- Pet Shops
- Furniture Shops
Below are some excellent ways to save money on shop insurance –
- Secure Your Premises – Insurance providers will always take security into account when calculating a price for your policy so making your shop as secure as possible is highly recommended.
- Pay More Upfront – The more you can pay upfront when taking out your policy, the stronger a position you’re in to negotiate the price down.
- Get Multiple Quotes – It seems obvious but far too many people simply go with the first insurance provider they contact. You should always get multiple quotes before making a decision.
Getting Quotes is Easy
There was a time when getting multiple quotes for shop insurance was a time-consuming process. This is no longer the case. You can now get multiple quotes from a panel of shop insurance specialists very easily. All you have to do to get started is click the red button below!