Insure your classic car quickly and easily. Simply click the red button to get your quotes now
- Third Party, Fire & Theft and Comprehensive
- Limited Mileage Discounts
- Agreed Valuation Policies
- Public Liability Insurance
- Flexible Payment Options
- Breakdown Assistance
- Instant Cover and Documentation
How it Works
1. Complete the simple form
2. A panel of classic car insurance specialists will get back to you with tailored quotes
A Guide to Classic Car Insurance
Owning a classic car is a great privilege, however just like any other vehicle, you must protect your classic car against threats such as fire, theft and collisions. Whilst it’s possible to insure a classic car with a regular car insurance policy, it’s much better to get a policy from a specialist provider. Not only will you pay less but you’ll also get the options you want and be confident that the company you’re dealing with is experienced in insuring these types of vehicles.
Types of Cover
- Third Party Only – Third party insurance will provide minimal protection for your car but it is the cheapest type of cover you can get.
- Comprehensive – A comprehensive policy will cover you for all types of collisions, even those you’re liable for. In most cases, fire and theft is also included in a comprehensive policy.
- Agreed Valuation Policy – Agreed valuation policies are very common with classic cars. Because classic cars usually don’t have a set market value, it’s important that both you and your insurance provider agree upon its value. This means that should your car be written off, you’ll be paid an amount you’re happy with.
- Limited Mileage Policy – Many classic car owners only drive their prized possession on special occasions. If this sounds like then a limited mileage policy would be ideal.
How Cost is Determined
Knowing how the cost of a policy is determined can help you save money both now and in the long term. Below are some of the main factors that insurance providers look at when calculating the cost of a policy –
- Your Driving Experience – As with any type of car insurance, the number of years you’ve been driving will certainly affect how much you can expect to pay for your policy.
- The Value of Your Car – This is an obvious one. The more your vehicle is worth and the more difficult parts are to find for it, the more you’ll pay.
- How Secure Your Car Is – You should try to secure your car as much as possible to reduce the chance of theft. One of the best ways to do this is by having it parked in a securely locked garage.
Ways to Save
It’s always useful to know how to save money when applying for classic car insurance. Below are some excellent ways you can do this –
- Secure Your Car
- Pay Annually
- Get a Limited Mileage Policy
- Shop Around
- Join a Classic Car Owner’s Club
Get Quotes Easily
If you’d like to get classic car insurance quotes from a panel of specialists then you’re in the right place. When you click the red button below, you’ll be taken to the quote form page. After providing some information about your vehicle and the cover options you want, you’ll then have access to your quotes. It’s that simple!